Row of harbour cottages from an original artwork by (c) C.Rowe 2010

Thursday 10 February 2011

my creative space

Creative space at Kootoyoo,

I thought i'd join in this week and post what i've been up to and share my space with creative folk around the globe.



My life has been full of spure-of-the-minute moments today. Random meetings in the middle of the supermarket, family and friends, little ones and cake (everywhere) and strangest tasting tea (I'm sure it was meant to be earl grey!). But isn't that what life is, the best laid plans of mice and men?




'My creative space' therefore looks entirely different to how I'd imagined it would look when I came to share it with you. This is the nuts and bolts of my studio, tiny pieces of fabric, out of control and trying to be tamed!

This weeks mission has been to make up more Applique kits of my textile illustrations, these kits are fantastic as starter projects or as a helpful nudge in a creative direction. Packaged in simple kilner jars they really are scrumptious things, and look more like jars containing sweeties than pieces of fabric.... well who can resist sweeties!


So I should be further on with them than I am, but hey, I've had a great day and enjoyed lots of wonderful company and i'm still smiling!

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment